Sunday, January 27, 2019

Soup and Sparrows

The “Sparrows” word is a club-sponsored bird walk at Osceola Island, downstream and in sight of the South Holston Dam. This time of year the northern ducks start to show up along with resident eagle and kinglets.

The “Soup” is the annual soup and bean dinner hosted by the South Holston Ruritan whose clubhouse is about a mile or so from the Weir Dam.

This was my firs time in 30-plus years ever going to Soup and Sparrows and I admonish myself for not going before. Between my guest and I, we had: Turkey and Wild Rice Soup, Bear Soup, Venison Chili, Vegetable Soup, Cheeseburger Soup. All home made. All you can eat plus a drinks and desserts (yummy desserts). I don’t know how many people came to this but the business was pretty constant. The doors opened at 11:00 and they so much traffic it takes two shifts.

Ruritan is to be congratulated on such fine meal and good hosts and if you can be in this neck of the woods the last Saturday in January of 2020, join us.
###

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Use the "anonymous" profile. Thanks.

<< Home